The LG Washer Error Code tE Indicates to the Heating Error. It means that the LG washer is unable to heat the water for washing the clothes. You can try to reset the error by doing the following steps. You may have to check the heating element or Thermistor for any faults or damage. Sometimes, simply restarting the LG washer can solve the issue. If the problem is not resolved, you have to check to inspect the washer’s internal parts.
How To Solve LG Washer Error Code tE
Nowadays it’s the time of machines and appliances which have helped in making every job more comfortable and also give more accurate results. But just like every manmade thing, these appliances also seem to have some faults and errors that require timely attention. Read further to learn what is the LG Washer Error Code tE and how to fix it.
Error codes in appliances
Appliances inform the user about any fault or problem through error codes. Different error codes indicate different problems. Thus, a user needs to be well-informed about these error codes so that they can fix it.
Whenever an error code shows up, the first step is to stop using the appliance immediately if it does not stop on its own. Then the user should try to understand the reason behind the flashing error code. If one does not know what the code means, then it is best to look it up in the user manual that came with the appliance at the time of purchase.
The appliance may require some serious repairing or it can be as simple as disconnecting and reconnecting the appliance to the power. So it is important to understand what the error code actually means.
tE error code in LG washers
One such error code is the tE error code that can be seen in the LG washing machines. The LG washing machines with proper display indicate a problem through flashing LG Washer Error Code tE and in case of models that do not support a display panel, the error is if possible indicated trough flashing light bulbs.
Reason for tE error code
The basic reason behind this error code can be connected to heating problems. It can be overheating or some fault in the circuit due to overheating. One good thing about LG washers is that this tE error code does not exactly cause any problem to the working of the washer. When the problem is not in the circuit, one can get back the washer to normal by restarting the machine and switching to cold washing. But in case of some other heating related issues, it is advisable to check the entire system that can get affected by overheating.
Things that need to be checked
- Initial procedure: the first thing to do is get the machine ready for internal system checking. Start by disconnecting the LG washing machine from the power socket. Then drain out the washer and cutting off the water supply. After that, one needs to unscrew the back hatch of the machine that covers the entire circuit and other parts. One may require some specific screwdriver or tools to remove the back hatch of the washer. Now with the help of a multimeter, check the situation of the heating circuit.
- Thermistor: to check the thermistor, one needs first to remove the wiring. Then take the multimeter and install the wiring to the test leads of the thermistor and make sure to check each wire individually. If no fault is found in the wiring, check the thermistor and figure out the point of malfunction. Once the problem is caught, the next thing to do is to fix it.
Procedure to install a new thermistor:
- Start by pushing on the lock that holds the temperature sensor chip to pull it out.
- Next, unscrew the nuts that keep the thermistor in place.
- Replace the old faulty sensor with a new one and screw it to the place.
- The last step is to connect all the wires and attach the technological hatchback to the washer.
- The heating element: the next place to check when the washer shows the tE error code is the heating element. The only way to check a heating element is by taking it out from the tank. But before taking it out, make sure the machine is properly disconnected from the power, as a precautionary measure.
Once the coil is out, remove the wirings from it. Usually, the heating element will be cover with calcium layers. Clean it and check the loop with the help of a multimeter. If the heater is defective, then it needs to be replaced because it cannot be repaired. But before installing the new heating element, clean the tank and the place where the heater is placed. After the installation of the new heating element, screw back the technological hatch of the washer.
Many times it is possible that the LG washing machine user is unable to repair the problems related to the LG Washer Error Code tE because the fault can be at a more complicated place such as the control module. So by chance, if through checking the fault is found in the control module, then one can choose to call a specialist for repair.
People can avoid the situation of washing machine related problems by proper maintenance. Every device requires to be taken care of so that it can work for a long period. In the case of the washer, the most basic maintenance method is to keep it clean to avoid foul smell and mold formations.
Some more ways of maintenance are as follows:
- Avoid overloading: it is always better to do laundry in small loads than putting it in all together because it may damage the washer.
- Cleaning: as mentioned above, the door, gasket, and drum should be cleaned at regular intervals so that it does not produce any bad smell. One can try running an empty load of warm water with 1-2 cups of white vinegar and in between, also adding some detergent. This tip helps in cleaning the dispenser and washer.
- Detergent: these days there are detergents available specifically for washing machines, so on can use them to wash clothes. The detergent amount should also be right so that any excess detergent residue does not damage the washer.
- Transferring laundry: as soon as the clothes are washed, transfer the wet clothes to the dryer so that the dampness does not form any mold.
- Inspection of hoses: the hoses in the washer should be checked timely for any cracks and to make sure that they are tightly attached to their place.
Therefore, users of the LG washing machine always need to check the display for any error code. And if, by chance, there is a tE error code, then one can undertake the points mentioned above to check for the exact place that is causing the error. If necessary, refer to the manual and call for a specialist. Also, if one maintains the washer properly, they can avoid the error problems to a great extent.
We hope that we have now solved the LG Washer Error Code OE. We have also given the solution for Error Code dE on our website. Please check it out as well.