The LG Washer Error Code OE Indicates to the NO Drain Error. It means that the washer is unable to drain water during the wash cycle. The OE error can be due to many reasons, but most of it is caused by:
- Kinked drain hose.
- Clogged drain pump filter.
- Faulty Drain Pump.
How To Solve LG Washer Error Code OE
You will find that the LG washing machine will often display the LG Washer Error Code OE when you are in the middle of washing. It can be an inconvenient thing where there can be a tank full of water, and suddenly LG washer stops working. In such a case, the OE error code will appear. It can also happen at the rinse stage, and you can notice the fault.
How can you identify the OE error?
When it comes to the error display, not all the LG washing machines and washers are equipped with the display screen. Some of the models with electro-mechanical control can tell you about the error code in different ways. Almost all the modes of rinse show the OE error with a flash of light and constant lighting up. The spin mode also blinks up with a no spin.
Reasons for OE Error
The LG Washer Error Code OE states the problem the LG washer is unable to drain the water. The system will signal the drain pump and tell to remove the water from the tank. If the water is not removed from the tank within the next 5 minutes and the tank remains filled with water, then the working would stop and the error will occur.
Main Causes of LG OE Error
Before you begin to fix the problem, you will have to find out the main causes and reasons for the problem. Some of the problems could be as follows-
- There is a potential blockage in the drains and the drainage system.
- There is a sewage system clogging problem.
- There had been a failure of the pressure switch.
- Pump is broken
- There is a defect in the electrical controller.
Whenever you find a problem like this, there is no need to rush to disassemble the LG washers. You should first check the available options like reset or restarting the machine.
Diagnostics and Repair
Before you begin with the testing of LG Washer Error Code OE, you should first drain the water from the LG washing machine and washer, and you should also remove all the laundry from it.
- The second step is to assess the permeability, integrity of the washer’s drain hose. There could be a possibility that it could be littered or broken or bent. You will be able to eliminate such troubles at home without professional help easily.
- Many times, a blockage can form in the drainage connection unit along with the sewerage. It is also necessary for you to clean any of the clogged places.
- The drain filter could be clogged up with fine mesh and can retain various particles. It is advised to wash the drain filter using water under fast and forceful water pressure.
- Sometimes, there could be a failure in the washer’s control unit. If you want to reset the OE error, you first should disconnect the LG washers for about fifteen to twenty minutes
In case you find that all your attempts are not leading to the result and you are unable to find a solution, you should start to search for a breakdown cause. LG washer shows will show the OE error when the following problems arise-
- If you notice that the washing machine is not draining the water and this issue persists, the washer will issue a fault code. This could also indicate that the pump is burnt out. In such a case, you will have to replace the pump as it is the best option.
- If you ever encounter the washer stopping in the middle of your washing process, you probably will be notified of this error. After you drain the water manually, it will no longer gain it. It will indicate a problem that the machine could be facing with the water level sensor. If you find there is clogging in the water tube, you should clean it well. If all of this goes well, then you will have to replace the pressure switch. Sometimes, there could be a blockage in the nozzle or the pump. In that case, you will have to disassemble the washer to remove any foreign objects.
- If you see an electronic controller failure, the LG washer device won’t drain the water. In this scenario, the LG Washer Error Code OE will occur. This will need you to replace the electronic controller.
Check the Washer’s drain pump filter
You can remove the power to the washer, and you can do it by unplugging it. You have to then locate the filter at the front bottom of the washer. Then remove the drain pump filter cover, and you can unhook the hose of the drain. You have to take off the small plug that is on the drain hose. After finishing that, you have to drain the water, which is inside the tub, you can use a small bowl to store the water. The next step will be to twist the pump filter in a counter-clockwise motion to remove it.
You can clean the drain pump filter by operating it under lukewarm water. Then you can clean out the insides of the washer’s drain pump filter by using a clean brush or rag. You can put the cap on the hose of the drain and reconnect the hose to the washer. Make sure that the filter is put in a secure place. You can then put the cover back on the pump filter of the drain. Once the filter is clean and secured and free from blockages, you can fix the error from happening again.
Check the drain hose
You can take a look at the washer’s back check for the drain hose of the machine to see if it is bent or not. If the washer was pushed back along with the drain hose crimped behind it, the washer drain hose could get bent, and the water drainage will be disrupted.
You should ensure that the hose is perfectly straight and is free from any kind of blockage. After this is clear, the We hope that the error will not happen again.
We hope that we have now solved the LG Washer Error Code OE. We have also given the solution for Error Code LE on our website. Please check it out as well.