The Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 4E Indicates to the Water Supply Problem. Usually this error is due to blocked or kinked water supply hose. Hence there will be an obstruction in the water supply, so the dishwasher will be unable to get enough water to wash the dishes.
The effect of low water pressure or a low flow rate on the mains water supply to the system is typically an issue with the water supply. It means the water that feeds into the system doesn’t flow with enough energy. The water pressure should range between 0.5 bar and 8 bar.
How To Solve Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 4E
To determine the solution, we first need to identify the source of the problem. Here we will give all the steps you need to check to resolve the issue.
Meaning of 4E Error
As we have already said before, the Samsung dishwasher error 4E is mostly due to the no or very less water supply. The reason for this error can be due to the shutting down of the tap that supplies the water, or the pressure of the supply of water is too high or too low. Also, you need to check for malfunctioning of the control unit or due to the water pipe getting failed.
Reasons for Error 4E
The Samsung 4E error code dishwasher is displayed when the system does not detect the water supply. First, it is necessary to check if the water comes into the dishwasher from external sources.
- Ensure that the water supply connection in your house is working correctly. We suggest you measure the water supply pressure and make sure that it is not too low.
- Disconnect the Samsung dishwasher and see if the supply valves are closed or open. If it is shut, then open it. Turning them in a clockwise direction and then out counter-clockwise will ensure the opening of the valve.
- You will also need to check the water hose that is connected to the water tap. Disconnect the hose from the dishwasher and put the outlet to a bucket. Turn the Tap On and check if the water is flowing smoothly to the bucket. If you see any disruption in water flow, the hose is clogged, and you need to clean it.
If you face the 4E error for the first time, it may be due to the temporary malfunction. Switch OFF the dishwasher and wait for 15-20 minutes. After that restart, the Samsung dishwasher, and most of the time, the error will go away.
The primary function of the filter is to stop any food particles from going into the valve. The contact point of the hose comprises a fine mesh. We recommend washing the mesh filter at least twice a year to prevent error code 4E. Let’s see how to do it.
- Disconnect the Samsung dishwasher from Power Supply.
- Take a plier and use it to remove the mesh filter.
- Rinse the filter under tap water and ensure that all clogging is removed.
- Place the mesh filter to its original place.
Hopefully, this will solve the problem. If it does not, then please move on to the next step.
Check Hot and Cold Water Connection
The 4E error code can be due to the improper connection between the hot and cold water hoses, which makes it impossible for your Samsung dishwasher to work correctly. You should make sure that your Samsung dishwasher has a proper connection between the hoses so that the appropriate temperature is maintained all over the device. Or else it can also lead to the problem of 4E error along with the other possible errors.
Clogged Water Hose
You need to make sure that the water pipe is in a proper condition and has no bends, kinks in the water hose as well. To check the clog, you only need to do is remove the water hose from the dishwasher and keep the free end of it in the container, which is empty and in the end, open the tap, you will be able to see if the hose is clogged or not. If there is no continuous flow of water, then there is clogging.
Clean the dispenser drawer
If the drain hose is not connected to the detergent drawer or the transparent pipe is not connected properly or is torn or pinched, this can damage the drain system. So, you must make sure that the drain hose is connected to the detergent drawer so that it allows your device to let the free flow of water and prevent your Samsung dishwasher, causing an error called the 4E error code.
Please clean the dispenser drawer and remove all food debris that is stuck inside it. We recommend to clean it regularly.
Faulty Inlet valve and Wiring
The 4E error code in your Samsung dishwasher can also be caused due to the fault in the wiring. To check if the wiring has no-fault, you must remove the panel first and then make sure that the valves’ winding is connected. Then after that, with the help of the circuit analyzer, you must check if the wiring harness is connected to the control board properly or not. It may be possible that your device may have accidentally got stuck in the closed position, which ultimately results in the stoppage of the flow of water in the dishwasher.
In order to avoid this problem you need to rotate the valve in the clockwise direction and then again turn the valve fully to open the passage. Also, if the problem is still occurring, you must remove the wire and replace it with the new one. It will help you in avoiding the 4E error code in your Samsung dishwasher.
How to fix the 4E error problem
- First of all, you must take care of your dishwasher by cleaning it for at least twice a year.
- You need to make sure that the water tap which is connected to your Samsung dishwasher is open to full.
- Check if the drain hose is not bent, kinked, clogged, which is behind your Samsung dishwasher.
- You have to make sure that the water hose mesh filter is not blocked, and if there is any clogging, then clean the mesh filter properly by pulling it out using the pliers. Clogging can due to the remaining food or any other impurities being stuck inside it.
- You must make sure that the drain pump is working properly.
We hope that we have now solved the Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 4E. We have also given the solution for Error Code 9E on our website. Please check it out as well.