Are you getting the Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E6 and searching for the solution? Then You have arrived at the right place. The E6 error code basically means that the sensor that controls the water turbidity is not working as expected. This sensor is known as an Aqua sensor, and when it malfunctions, you will get the E6 Error. The Aqua sensor is an optical (light barrier) measurement tool that tests the turbidity of the rinsing water.
The Aqua sensor is used as per software. If the Aqua sensor is working, it is possible to transfer “clean” rinsing water to the next rinse bath and to minimize water consumption by 2–4 liters. The water is drained and replaced with fresh water when the turbidity is greater. The temperature and run-time can also be modified to the degree of soiling in the automated programs.
How To Fix Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E6
Aqua Sensor from the dishwasher is an infrared Photodiode, and a Phototransistor mounted opposite each other on a general wall. The general board is very protected from any outside light. Thanks to its curved shape design, which stops all the lights from entering into it. The Photodiode infrared beam passes through the water and reaches the Phototransistor. It is a handy device in detecting whether water is clean or not. If the water is clean, it will send the signal to the control board that it can reuse the water. So it will not utilize water again and hence save water.
When the water is polluted, then the beam strength is not adequate for the Phototransistor to operate. So without any signal, the Aqua sensor System will activate and tells the control module that there is no signal due to the contaminated water. The sensor is calibrated after every rinse cycle so that it can check the cleanliness of the water. This saves a lot of water and can save up to 4 liters of water per wash. Also, it helps in cleaning dishes efficiently.
How To Remove and Replace Aqua sensor
If the Aqua sensor is faulty, then it is better to replace it with a new one. It will help in fixing Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E6. Let’s look at the steps to do it.
- Turn off the power supply to your dishwasher.
- Shut off the water supply valve.
- Remove the screws to release the lower access panel and set the panel aside.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the inlet valve.
- Remove the mounting screw to release the junction box cover.
- Note the orientation of the wires on the terminal block then loosens the screws to release the cables.
- Disconnect the drain hose from the sink or garbage disposer and feed it through the cabinet.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the mounting bracket screws to move the dishwasher.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the screws securing the outer door panel.
- Remove the lower wash arm and rotate the filter basket, counterclockwise to detach it from the sump.
- Now disconnect the wire from the old turbidity sensor.
- Pull back the locking tabs and pull the old sensor out of the heater assembly.
- Install the new Aqua sensor
The Aqua sensor is normally located at the bottom of the dishwasher. Follow the above steps to remove and replace it with the new one. If the Aqua sensor only has little damage like burned contacts, then it can be repaired. But we suggest you replace it in other serious cases. Please do comment with your suggestion, and we will be happy to answer them.