If your control panel is displaying Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E20, then we advise you to fix it immediately as ignoring it can cause even more problems. So, what does the E20 Error Code in the Bosch Dishwasher means? This error points to the fault in the circulation pump. You need to check the wirings and other parts of the circulation pump. There might be some loose connection, or parts are damaged.
How To Fix Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E20
Please note that the failure of circulation happens very rarely and so we suggest you check other parts before checking the pump. It is better to check the drain system first. Also, check the water filter. In many cases, it might be clogged and causing disruption in the water supply. This can also cause the control panel to display the E20 Error. You can also check E19 Error on our website.
Possible reasons for the Error
So, why the circulation pump fails? Let’s see some of the possible reasons.
- Sometimes during a power disruption, there can be a voltage surge that can burn the wirings.
- Water got into electronic components.
- Dishwasher’s heating element is damaged or burnt.
How To Reset Error Code E20
You can try resetting the E20 error. Follow the below steps:
- Switch off the power supply and disconnect the dishwasher’s cord.
- Now, wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Now carefully restart the dishwasher.
Hopefully, now Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E20 is reset. If you are still getting the issue, then you need to check the drainage system and circulation pump. Let’s see how to do it:
How To Remove and Replace Circulation Pump
Follow the below instructions:
- Turn off the power supply to your dishwasher and shut off the water supply valve.
- Remove the screws and set the panel aside to open the lower access door.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the inlet valve.
- Remove the junction box.
- Note down the wiring.
- Remove the dishwasher from the cabinet.
- Pull out the lower dish rack.
- Rotate the filter basket, counterclockwise to detach it from the sump.
- Remove the fine filter.
- Clean the filter and place it back.
- Remove the drain pump.
- Carefully inspect the wiring and any signs of damage.
- Replace the pump if it is faulty.
Please note that to use a multimeter to test the pump. We always suggest taking the help of an expert when fixing this error. For any questions, please comment and we will be happy to answer them.