If your dishwasher is throwing the Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E16, then it is most likely due to the faulty inlet valve. It can result in the disruption of the supply of water to the dishwasher. Due to no signal, the water will continue to flow and can cause damage to the device. We recommend taking the help of an expert to fix the Error E16. If you have some experience with plumbing and handling of electric devices, then proceed with the steps to identify and fix the error.
How to Fix Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E16
These are the things you need to do when you face with the E16 Error:
- Remove and check the inlet valve for any sign of damage. Clean the inlet valve and place it back.
- Also, check the water level sensor. We recommend that you do this after clearing all the water from the dishwasher.
- In some cases, you might be facing this error during the dishwasher wash cycle. This may be due to the formation of excessive foam during the wash. So, check the detergent quantity.
- Inspect the Solenoid valve flow meter for any fault or damage sign.
- Check if the Tap in front of the Bosch dishwasher is closed. If it is closed then open it.
- Check the inlet hose for any damage sign, make sure there are not any bend or twist in it.
Once you have checked all the parts listed above and still the issues remain, then you have to do some advanced troubleshooting. We recommend asking experts to do it as it can be a somewhat complicated task for you.
How to Test and Repair/Replace Inlet Valve
As you know the water intake valve is a very essential part of the dishwasher. It helps in protecting the dishwasher by blocking the excess water when the equipment is under pressure. It works as a timer and takes command from the control panel. When dishwasher needs water, it will send a signal to the control panel, which in turn sends the signal to the inlet valve to open. In the same way, it closes when the tank is full.
Many a time, if the control panel malfunctions or inlet valve is damaged, then it will show the Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E16. the Inlet valve is a very important device for sitting the water supply quickly. It not only helps in washing but also helps in shutting off the water supply during an emergency situation.
If you observe that during the water fill cycle, the bosch dishwasher is not filling with water or it gets filled with too much water and causes an overflow, then the water supply valve may be defective. Use a multimeter to check the resistance of the supply water valve. Usually, the resistance of the water valve is between 500 to 1500 ohm. In any discrepancy in resistance, we recommend replacing the supply valve. Also, check if there is any sign of damage in the wire connection. Let’s see step to replace the faulty inlet valve:
Things You Will Need:
- Screw Driver.
- A pair of Wire Clipper.
Let us look at the steps.
- Turn off the power to your dishwasher.
- Shut off the water supply valve.
- Remove the screws to release the lower access panel and set the panel aside.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the screws securing the outer door panel.
- Close the door securely and pull the outer door panel down to remove disconnect the water Supply line from the inlet valve.
- Remove the brass elbow from the inlet valve.
- Now uninstall the mounting screws to release the old water inlet valve.
- Disconnect the wire harness use pliers to release the clamp.
- Install the new water inlet valve.
- Hopefully, you will not get E16 Error now.
We hope that now you know what need to do when you face the E16 error. Please comment with your questions and we will be happy to answer them.