Is your Samsung dryer not heating? If you have this problem with your dryer, you should know some tips that can help you. These are tips you can try to solve the problem yourself without calling a technician.
Going through this problem is very unpleasant for many people if it is summer or winter, a dryer is always essential at home. If you feel like your dryer is failing, there are certain steps you should take to verify where the problem may be coming from.
The Samsung brand is highly recognized and popular worldwide for its quality products. If you feel that your dryer no longer works as it used to or that it no longer heats and does not dry your clothes, you should quickly find out the reasons for this to happen.
The reason why your dryer does not heat can be many. Below you can find out some of the reasons why your Samsung dryer no longer produces heat.
Most Common Causes Your Samsung Dryer Not Heating Up
- You have not cleaned the lint trap or lint filter in the dryer. (poor or restricted airflow)
- The dryer may have a kinked or clogged air vent hose (nonexistent or inadequate airflow)
- Dryer motor overheats due to thermal overload or is defective
- The drum of your Samsung drying has stopped rotating
- Your dryer drum drive belt is broken
- The dryer may have a burned heating element
- Thermostat or thermal fuse: This could be due to the accumulation of a lot of lint in the ventilation hose of your tumble dryer.
- Your dryer’s outlet or plug is loose
- It could be due to another problem or mechanical failure or a malfunction
- Check the main resistance breaker’s
- If the dryer is gas, you must check the gas supply, open, and interrupt. (For this step it is recommended that you call a specialist to avoid problems)
- You can try and select a drying option other than warm air (Air Fluff)
- The dryer could have moved to cycle cooling
If you have already tried all these options and the failure persists, you should contact a specialized Samsung technician to solve it.
Other Possible Problems
- The washing machine does not spin properly
If your washer does not spin at least 800 rpm or have a spin speed problem, your dryer will have trouble drying. At this point, your dryer may get wet when the cycle ends. Experts recommend that you use a spin speed greater than 800 rpm to keep your clothes as dry as possible.
- The place where you put the dryer is not the right one
You should pay close attention to where you put your washing machine and look for a cool and airy place. An appliance does not work well if the temperature is between 20 and 35 degrees. You should verify that your dryer has no objects in front that can absorb the fresh air.
- The dryer filter is clogged
If your Samsung Dryer Not Heating, the dryer filter may be clogged. In this case, the tumble dryer may be in safe mode and will not function properly. You can verify that the filter is off if you check a light that blinks or comes on; it is telling you to clean the filter.
Textile waste means that your dryer has a higher consumption and needs a longer drying. After each drying, you must clean the filter to extend the life of your dryer. You must be careful that your dryer does not work without the filters because it can damage the appliance.
- Your tumble dryer has a condenser clogged
This condenser is only present in condensing dryers. These dryers condense the warm, humid air from the drum into water. If this part is clogged by dirt or fibers, the air will not be able to flow properly, and your dryer will not be able to dry clothes. Experts recommend that you must clean the condenser 1 or 2 times a month.
- The dryer program is not correct
If your drying has a program that is not correct, it will have an inadequate drying. You should always choose the correct option to prevent clothes from getting wetter.
- Your dryer belt is bad or broken
This strap is responsible for your drying can rotate. If your appliance is in good condition, but the strap is broken, it will have a longer drying time, and at the end of the drying cycle, your clothes will be damp. If you notice that the drum does not rotate during the drying cycle, you should remove the cover from the machine and check if the belt is in place.
- The resistance of your dryer does not work
The resistance causes the air circulating through your dryer to heat up. The machine consists of 2 resistors; if one of these blocks does not work, the dryer will not heat. If you have problems with your Samsung dryer, check the resistance and check the springs or filaments.
You can use a multimeter to check the continuity of the resistance; you need to put the two tips of the tester on the resistance terminals. The resistance is usually behind the drum.
- Your tumble dryer has worn bearing
This happens to dryers that come with an automatic system to determine the drying time. If this bearing is damaged or worn, it can cause problems, and your dryer will not heat as it should.
To check the condition of this part, you only have to remove the machine’s rear panel. You should clean the bearing with sandpaper, and this can improve its continuity. If you cannot solve the problem, you should consider changing the bearing.
- The dryer temperature sensor is damaged or defective
The temperature sensor of your dryer will allow you to know and regulate the internal temperature. If this part fails, it will show you an incorrect value, which will make the clothes come out still wet. You can also check this part using a multimeter in the ohm state.
This probe is in the air duct; to verify operation; you must disconnect all connectors and test their continuity.
- Your dryer’s drain pump is clogged
People use drain pumps in tumble dryers to remove condensation water. If this pump is blocked or clogged, the float will activate, this will make the clothes stay wet.
If the drain pump is failing or defective, you should replace it immediately.
- The plate or electronic card of your dryer is defective
The card is in charge of all the functions of the dryer. If you feel your dryer is failing and it is because of this part, you should replace it immediately. For this step, you can change yourself if you know, or you can call a technician.
We hope that we have been able to solve Samsung Dryer Not Heating issue. Please keep visiting repairfixit for more DIY solution