Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E24 means that the drain filter is clogged or dishwasher is not draining properly. Dishwashers are a very big part of our home, and when it malfunctions, It can make our job much harder. The dirty dishes will pile up, and You will be confused and asking the question about why my dishwasher is not working. Don’t worry as we have given a solution on how to fix the E24 error. So let’s see how to do it.
How To Fix Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E24
The dishwasher filter is an essential part of the bosch dishwasher that helps in blocking the large food particles and cleaning the dishes efficiently. It protects the water pump and hose getting clogged by large debris and food particles. You can follow the steps given in this article to diagnose the problem yourself. But, If the problem is complicated, then we advise you to take the help of an expert and ask them to repair or replace the faulty parts.
Main Reasons for E24 Error
There could be several reasons for E24 Error. To find the exact reason, you need to check each part. Let’s see some of the parts that need to be checked.
- Check Drain Hose for any blockage. Clean it and place it back.
- Dishwasher filters may be stuck with food particles. You need to clean it.
- Inlet hose may be kinked or damaged.
- Siphon Connection maybe lose. Tighten it and make sure that it is sealed tightly.
- Check the pump cover and tighten it.
- Filter under the pump cover may be loose. Please check it and if required, replace it with the new one.
Many users say that they get the Bosch dishwasher error code at the beginning of the wash cycle. Sometimes suddenly or sometimes within 2 minutes. Then this is a good indication that drain hose may not be the actual culprit. Since the error occurs at the beginning of the wash cycle, the drain hose may not have enough time to collect enough water and get clogged. So, it is better to check the drain pump and sensors in this scenario.
- Check the drain pump with a multimeter. The faulty drain pump should be replaced.
- Check wirings in the drain pump for any possible sign of loose connection or burnt wire.
- Sensors are not working properly. Inspect the dishwasher for any broken or faulty sensors.
Ways to Fix the Error Code E24
First of all, you need to clean the drain pump. It is not a difficult task, and we suggest you do at least once a month to avoid getting the issues. You find the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher. Remove it and clean it under running tap water. Also, make sure to clean the drain hose. You can use a rope brush to clean the drain hose. If you observe the drain filter, you can locate the plastic plug, which gives access to the cogwheel that is in the drain pump. Please inspect it carefully and remove any debris or food particles that are stuck in it. Many times the filter often gets clogged due to large food particles, seeds, or even plastic materials. So cleaning it will resolve the E24 Error Code.
Also, check any clogging of particles between the drain hose and the sewage. Remove the clogged particles and clean the junction properly. Sometimes the dishwasher pump can become clogged due to food particles entering into it. This can result in the Pump unable to drain the excess water. When this happens, you will get the Bosch Dishwasher Error Code E24 on the control panel display. Also, check if any string or hair is stuck in impeller, which is making the rotation of impeller difficult. Clean it properly, and hopefully, now, the error will not happen.
Advanced Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
You can also follow the below steps in which we have given complete details to check parts and what to do to fix the error. As we have already stated earlier, the error indicates the drainage issue. Here are the steps that you need to do:
- Switch off and unplug your Bosch Dishwasher.
- Check that the inlet and outlet hoses behind the appliance are not trapped or kinked.
- Unscrew the collar.
- Detach the hose and ensure that any food particles or debris do not block it.
- Unscrew the spigot, and inspect it for any blockage. Clean it properly.
- Make sure that the drain pump is not clogged or faulty.
- Check the filter inside the dishwasher near to the lower spray arm.
- Unscrew the filter bolts and remove the filter.
- You can use a spoon to unclamp the pump cover.
- Pull the pump cover out.
- Check the drain pump and remove any stuck particles from it.
- Remove any stuck particles from the impeller that is stopping it from rotating.
- Now place all the parts again and start the dishwasher.
Please note that the above steps should only be done under the supervision of an expert. If you need further information, please refer to the instruction manual to get more details. We hope that now dishwasher not draining issue is not happening again. Please comment with your questions, and we will be happy to answer them.